Thursday 28 June 2012

A Sabbatical

It's almost been a year since I last posted to this blog. For those who don't know, I got lost on an island and had to press a button every 108 minutes or the world as I knew it would end. Finally, after watching an episode of The Simpsons in which Homer used a battery-powered woodpecker to constantly press the Y key on his computer, I figured out a way to solve my problem. Getting off the island . . . well, let's not get into that -- but I am feeling a strong urge to return to it.

Anyway, I guess the last year of my life has been a little hectic. In the midst of seeing my first novel published in e-book format, having meetings with my publisher to discuss the paperback version, and working hard on the sequel, I've been rather lax in terms of updating my blog. The good news is that the paperback of Dereliction of Duty is now available on Amazon. Reviews so far have been very positive, and I'm thrilled that my work is finally out there for people to read. It's been a heck of a journey to this point, considering I've been writing now for over a decade, but hopefully all of that hard work is coming to fruition right now.

I guess that's all there is to say for the moment. This time, I'll make a more concerted effort to keep this baby updated on a regular basis. In between that, I just hope the woodpecker doesn't malfunction or run out of battery.

Oh, and if you're interested, you can find my novel here:


http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dereliction-Duty-Daniel-McKeown/dp/1908600020/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1340874829&sr=1-1

Thank you.

Dan.

No comments:

Post a Comment